Julia H. LawMay 17, 2017
Julia practices insurance defence litigation and has experience with high complexity files and novel issues in major loss claims. She has appeared before the British Columbia Supreme Court on various insurance defence matters including acting as defence counsel in jury trials. Prior to joining Stewart and Company, she articled at an insurance defence firm in Toronto. She obtained her law degree from the University of Victoria and was called to the Ontario Bar and the British Columbia Bar in 2014.
Before practicing as a lawyer, she worked as a secondary school public teacher. She currently serves as a director on the board of the BC Canadian Bible Society and volunteers as a leader at Coastal Church. Julia enjoys being on stage and has appeared in the 2016 Lawyer Show.
- British Columbia (2014)
- Ontario (2014)
- University of Victoria (J.D. 2013)
- University of British Columbia (B.Ed. 2008)
- University of British Columbia (B.A. 2007)
- International Competition for Mediation Advocacy, Quarter Finalist
- National Wilson Moot Competition, Top Ten Oralist
- American Bar Association Mediation Competition at UVic, Second Place
- Canada Law Book Prize, Highest Achievement in Mediation and Lawyers
- International and Israeli Law Program at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel
- Christian Legal Fellowship (CLF)
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (FACL)